The Genesis Group of Companies is one of the world’s leading digital media service providers, delivering an extensive portfolio of large, fast-growing digital projects in different continents. A global web and mobile enterprise, its reach is rooted across Russia, Ukraine, Asia and Africa through its subsidiary arms.
Tuko Media Ltd, a subsidiary company of Genesis, runs www.tuko.co.ke – a Kenyan news portal dedicated to delivering factual breaking news to Kenyans online. Our site is ranked as one of the fastest growing online portals in Kenya with over 4.5 million monthly users.
Tuko.co.ke is a Kenyan news portal of new generation. It embodies the era in which it has been created: dynamic, informative, controversial, and entertaining.
Delivering information to our audience remains our primary aim. The basic principles for achieving this goal are given in the Tuko.co.ke Manifesto below:
1. We are an independent source of information. We exist on money from advertising and we are not financed by government, parties or by private individuals.
2. Our aim is to collect information from all the available sources, systematise it and explain it in a really understandable and neutral manner. As a result, we provide high quality, reliable and affordable media products related to different spheres of people's lives, including culture, education, technology and etc., for promoting knowledge, political stability and economic prosperity.
3. All the stories at our projects shall avoid a single-sided reflection of the situation (unless it is the author’s opinion). Our sites are not liable for the author’s point of view, but, at the same time we reserve the right to publish alternative visions, as long as they are not considered to be propaganda, do not justify violence, do not lead to the sparking of enmity.
4. The portals often deal with challenging and controversial content, which may offend some of the audience some of the time. But they also contribute to diversity of content in the media and to fulfilling our function to encourage and promote all the spheres of life. We acknowledge that an editor should never gratuitously harm or offend and, accordingly, any content which is likely to harm or offend must have a clear editorial purpose.
5. We always refer to the initial source of information and make a clear reference to it, when possible.